PLAQUE TEXT (1)
THE LOG CABIN MONUMENT OF THE UNITED EMPIRE LOYALISTS
This memorial is erected to commemorate the 140th anniversary of the landing of the United Empire Loyalists in Ontario in the year 1784 A.D. The corner stone ws laid on the 17th day of June and the monument unveiled on the 8th day of September 1924 A.D.
PLAQUE TEXT (2):
On the southwest corner of this intersection the United Empire Loyalists monument was erected to commemorate the 140th anniversary of the settlement of Upper Canada by the U.E.L. The ceremony of laying the cornerstone of that monument was conducted by the Masonic Grand Lodge June 17, 1924. It was unveiled by Colonel the Honourable Henry Cockshutt, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, September 8, 1924.
GPS Co-ordinates: 44° 09' 39.78" N 77° 27'59.16" W (44.16083333, -77.46638889)
Street address: Parkette on northwest corner of Front Street and Dundas Street.
Historical note: This monument was moved in the early 2000s from its original location to its current site on the northwest corner of Front and Dundas Streets, with the assistance of the Hastings County Historical Society and the U.E.L. At the same time several other plaques were added to the same parkette.