Hastings Historical Plaques

Directory Test Page, please ignore. Thank you

Categories
Search:  
Architecture (10)  Literary (9)  Road Trip #2 Pioneer Days in the Madoc area (5) 
Belleville (50)  Military (10)  Road Trip #3 The Mining Towns of Centre Hastings (5) 
Central Hastings (17)  Mohawk/Tyendinaga (6)  Road Trip #4 The Treasures of North Hastings (6) 
Churches (1)  Northern Hastings (6)  Road Trip #5 Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte (5) 
Deseronto (8)  People (27)  Road Trip #6 Treasures of Tyendinaga (5) 
Disasters (2)  Quinte West (12)  Road Trip #7 Rural Belleville and Trenton (6) 
Education (4)  Railways (3)  Sports (5) 
Hastings County (41)  Religion (13)   
Industry (4)  Road Trip #1 - Villages of Centre Hastings (7)   
Go Back

CHISHOLM'S MILLS

PLAQUE TEXT

In 1857, ten years before Confederation, William Fraser Chisholm (1829-1908) acquired Shipman's Mill on the Moira River at Roslin. That property consisted of a flour and feed mill and a sawmill, all water-powered. Until the early 1900s the Moira River served as a transportation mode from logs to the sawmill from northern logging operations. Since those early days, six generations of the Chisholm family have served the surrounding countryside and distant markets. After 161 years, the Chisholm group of companies encompasses a fully integrated operation, from forest to finished products.

Erected July 6, 2018 by the Hastings County Historical Society

GPS co-ordinates: 44º 21' 10.47" N 77º 18' 19.59" W

Street Address: Shannonville Road across from Chisholm's lumber mill


CHISHOLM'S MILLS
Information Last Updated: Friday June 19, 2020